lunes, 12 de marzo de 2012

Carnival

February 19th and 21st, 2012


Today I went to Sitges to take part in the festivities of Carnival. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like it. You could feel the energy among the crowd. Everyone was so friendly and dressed in such extravagant outfits. I loved watching the parade and seeing people have a great time in the streets. Carnival came from the word carnevale which means "to put away the meat" so in the beginning of lent, since you are not supposed to eat meat, they have a celebration. Eventually the celebration transformed into a celebration of the arts as well. I enjoyed carnival a lot and although the festivities were supposed to have been bigger on tuesday night I think they were bigger on sunday night.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario